Tuesday 17 May 2022

Ghost signs

 Went for a drive with J to photograph a couple of possible locations for an art project she's working on.

Just for fun I took my digital SLR along for a bit of practice in using an SLR camera as the first thing my retro photography project has shown is I'm a bit rusty with photo composition. 

Using a point and shoot or my phone camera has made me lazy - after all I can always crop and fiddle with an image. Practising composition on a digital SLR before changing back to film seems to be the way to go.

So we stopped off om Chiltern and I photographed a couple of ghost signs on the side of an old chemist's shop (not Dow's)



The shop's now part of a home and decor shop.

After that we walked about and photographed the old 1860's post office building (still in use)




and billiard hall




before driving on to Rutherglen for lunch.





No comments:

Post a Comment