Tuesday 9 April 2024

Another Covid shot

 These days, I qualify as an 'Older Australian', which for now means that I get a free Covid booster shot every six months or so, just as I get a free flu shot at the start of winter.

Our local pharmacy hasn't yet got stock of the government approved flu vaccine for us oldies which meant that yesterday it was simply a Covid booster.

During the pandemic I used to get quite an unpleasant reaction to both Astra Zeneca and Pfizer, but last time I had a Pfizer booster and it wasn't too bad.

This time they were giving out the latest Moderna vaccine that has been rated by  the TGA as particularly effective against the latest Omicron strains.

As I hadn't had Moderna before I was expecting the usual side effects, but no, they were pretty mild - the worst was what we'll politely describe as 'copious urination' or less politely 'having to get up a couple of times at night and pee like a horse'.

I certainly needed my usual two mugs of tea before breakfast, but otherwise I'm fine - perhaps a slight headache, but the the fire people have been back burning and it's a cold morning (snow forecast down to 1300m), cold enough for people to light their wood stoves, so there's some smoke in the air, so I wouldn't ascribe my sinusy feeling this morning to my Covid shot yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment