Sunday 2 October 2022

Tomatoes and herbs finally planted

 September has been a terrible month for gardening. Rain, cold, wind - in fact this September has been the third wettest month in what has been an unusually wet year


I was beginning to despair of getting anything in the ground this year, but last week there were a couple of dryish days (meaning that it looked ok but I still got soaked anyway by a sudden shower) where I managed to get my garden beds prepared.

Yesterday was dry and clear, so two weeks later than I normally do I drove over to Dahlsen's in Myrtleford and got us some tomato and zucchini seedlings, plus some extra parsley and other herbs to replace those that died over winter.

And in they went. all I hope now is we get a run of warmish days to let them get established ...

No comments:

Post a Comment