Sunday 21 July 2024

Another cold wet week

 


A slightly disjointed week this one.

I've already written about my foray to Wodonga public library, and how we were relatively unaffected by the Crowdstrike debacle.

Workwise, I went down to Dow's to finish off my preliminary sketches for the additional documentation that I've been asked to produce, and since I'm home alone for a few days while J is in Tasmania, I hope to work on these this week, especially as the weather still looks to be fairly horrible - more cold days and wet sleety rain.

I also played with Gemini, Google's AI tool, putting it through 'the hat box test' with slightly better results than I obtained from Microsoft's CoPilot.

As I was taking J down to the airport on Friday, I missed my weekly session at the Athenaeum, but I did have some good news.

The Lake View house project is back on - the building had been closed while some fairly serious leaks were investigated and resolved, especially as there were damp patches developing with the accompanying risk of mould.

The good news is that the leaks have been resolved and the damp patches have dried out without the need for conservation work, and what's more there's no mould!

J and I have organised to have some quality time in Queensland next month, so my plan is to get the Dow's documentation finished before we go, and to restart in September when hopefully not only will it be a little warmer, the light will be better for photographing furniture and heavy items in situ...

No comments:

Post a Comment